Center for Nature and Place-Based Early Childhood Education
Prescott College is pleased to invite Early Childhood Education (birth through age eight) students and practitioners to attend our 2016 Summer institute to be held June 20th through June 24th in Prescott, Arizona.
Through the generous support of the STORER Foundation, this week-long institute includes:
- Approximately 32 hours of instruction and activities form experts in ECE and other relevant fields
- Opportunities to share ideas and perspectives in collaboration with fellow participants
- Two meals each day of the institute
- Lodging at Prescott College (Yavapai County residents have options to commute)
- A binder of resource materials for future reference.
- Explore the research supporting the developmental benefits to children's exposure to nature.
- Develop standards-based ECE activities that they can implement immediately in their setting.
- Consider new ways to create the space young people need to have positive nature experiences.
- Identify community resources to promote children's access to nature-based activities.
- Discuss models for assessing outcomes and advocating for nature-based activities in the home.
Prescott College students will have the opportunity to earn college credit. Other participants can earn continuing education credits while gaining valuable skills, insights, and resources to implement successful nature-based activities in their programs. Participants will receive a modest amount of pre-institute readings and/or activities to encourage a common foundation for achieving the institute's objectives.