Summer Institute for Nature and Place-Based Early Childhood Education
Join us this summer for an inspiring, hands-on, and experiential professional development event in beautiful Prescott, Arizona. Collaborate with a passionate and diverse group of early childhood educators during our 4-day early childhood educator Summer Institute. The 2018 Summer institute to be held June 10th through June 14th in Prescott, Arizona.
Through the generous support of the STORER Foundation, the week-long institute includes:• Valuable resources and user-friendly materials to support integrating nature and place-based activities in your own program
• Nature and Place-based Early Childhood Educator Certiﬁcate for participation in Prescott College’s Summer Institute
• Professional development hours
• Discover creative, hands-on, and meaningful ways to engage children in nature-based learning experiences across multiple contexts.
• Experience outdoor environments that encourage children’s overall development, learning, critical thinking and creative expression
• Engage in mindfulness activities for you to connect with nature and place
• Acquire eﬀective strategies to advocate for nature-based activities in your program and community
• Learn risk assessment and management techniques for implementing nature-based environments
• Align standards with outdoor and indoor nature-based learning experiences
• Identify and promote community resources for inclusive and equitable access to natural environments and sense of place adventures for all children and families
• Explore cultural interpretations of nature, place, and culturally responsive teaching technique
The Summer Institute fee of $275 includes materials and resources, four nights of lodging on campus and two meals a day. Commuters pay $135 which includes materials, resources, daily lunches and two dinners.
A limited number of scholarships are available.
Enrollment is limited and a non-refundable fee of $100 is required to hold your place. To register online, follow the link below.
Summer Institute Registration
Register now for the Summer Institute for Nature and Place-Based Early Childhood Education
Prescott College students will have the opportunity to earn college credit. Other participants can earn continuing education credits while gaining valuable skills, insights, and resources to implement successful nature-based activities in their programs. Participants will receive a modest amount of pre-institute readings and/or activities to encourage a common foundation for achieving the institute's objectives.
Questions? Contact Ellen Bashor, Program Coordinator for the NPECE Center, at email@example.com.
More information on the Center for Place and Nature-Based Early Childhood Education Free Summer Institute