General Criteria for all Prescott College Funds:
- Except as noted, all funds require at least half-time enrollment (6 credits) at Prescott College
- Prescott College scholarships, grants, fellowships, assistantships, discounts and matches are applied towards direct costs only and cannot be combined with other tuition-specific funds such as tuition remission, waivers for tuition, or agency and third party payments that are intended to cover direct costs only
- Students will qualify for the same amount of renewable Prescott College gift aid (grants and scholarships) each term, provided the student meets academic progress requirements. The amount is prorated based on enrollment level
- Full Time 12 or more credits 100%
- Three Quarter Time 9 – 11 credits 75%
- Half Time 6-8 credits 50%
- Scholarships are offered on the basis of academic merit, or other criteria, at the point of admission. These awards are available for up to the normal duration of the program
- Prescott College scholarships and grant aid are not transferable to other colleges or programs
- Courses taken at other institutions may not be counted towards meeting the enrollment requirement for Prescott College funds
- Except as noted, funds may be applied towards summer enrollment
- To receive Prescott College funds, students must be enrolled in a degree seeking or eligible certificate program.
Prescott College has a number of endowments that are specifically for funding scholarships to enrolled students. Look for an email announcement (and at this web page) in mid-February 2019 to download the application. The annual competition is open to all current and incoming students. The next deadline is March 20, 2019 for a possibility of an award for Fall 2019 and/or Spring 2019. Each one is specific to a different area of study with various amounts ranging from $ 500 to $ 5000.
2018 Endowed Scholarship Criteria and Application (note: 2019 application will be posted in mid-February 2019).
Freedom Education Fund
The Freedom Education Fund is a full tuition and fees scholarship at Prescott College specifically for students who are undocumented and demonstrate financial need. The 2019-2020 Application deadline will occur on May 20, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. Find out more about the Freedom Education Fund, or download an application.
Prescott College Scholarships
The Changemaker Scholarship
The Changemaker Scholarship initiative guarantees a tuition scholarship to every new accepted student who applies by our priority application deadline that intends to enroll in a degree program for the fall 2019, spring 2020, or summer 2020 semester. Scholarships will be available for those who apply after the priority application deadline on a first-come, first-serve basis*. The Changemaker scholarship will be renewed each year for students who maintain satisfactory academic progress as a full-time student at Prescott College. Learn more.
Changemaker Scholarships available by program
- On Campus Undergraduate for a first time student up to $16,000 per year
- On Campus Undergraduate for a transfer student up to $9,000 per year
- Online Undergraduate for a transfer student up to $3,000 per year
- Online Master of Arts for a student up to $1,500 per year
- Online Master of Education for a student up to $3,000 per year
- Online Master of Science in Counseling for a student up to $4,000 per year
- Online PhD in Sustainability Education for a student up to $8,000 per year
Applicants must submit all required admissions materials to be considered for admission and the Changemaker scholarship by:
- February 1, 2019 for the fall 2019 term
- November 1, 2019 for the spring 2020 term
- March 1, 2020 for the summer 2020 term
*Additional details on priority deadlines for the Changemaker scholarship:
Candidates who apply for the fall 2019 term by the priority scholarship deadline (February 1) will qualify for the highest scholarship available. After that date, scholarships may be available at lower levels based upon availability. See the Scholarships page for details. We encourage you to apply early!
Prescott College Partner Tuition Scholarships
Prescott College also offers a match to AmeriCorps service awards. This match is limited to $1,000 for each term of full time enrollment in all bachelor's degree programs (on campus and online) and $1,500 per full time term for enrollment in all master's and doctoral programs (on campus and online), the match may be prorated for lesser enrollments and reduced if total funds exceed direct costs (see above criteria). To qualify, students possessing an award must be accepted to Prescott College and enroll in a degree seeking program at the College. Prior to each term of enrollment, the award recipient must request payment online through their My AmeriCorps Account. Visit the AmeriCorps website.
EcoLeague/CIEL Graduate Scholarship
Raise.Me - Earn Scholarships in High School!
Prescott College has joined forces with Raise.me to allow high school student to earn money for college doing the things you'll be doing anyway-getting good grades, taking part in extra-curricular activities, and even helping out around the house for your family.
Once you sign up at Raise.me (it's free!) you can start earning micro-scholarships by volunteering, taking challenging classes, and in dozens of other ways. You can not only look at the scholarships that Prescott College is offering, you can earn cash for school at other colleges and universities you might be considering.
You can visit Prescott College's Raise.me site and get signed up here.
Private Loans for Education
After you have considered all federal loans, you may also be ... Learn more
Repaying Your Loans
American Student Assistance Partnership Prescott College ... Learn more