Applicants to either the Limited-Residency Master of Arts Program in Counseling Psychology or Post-Master's Certificate programs are required to submit two admissions essays.
Admissions Essay #1
Write, in no more than 500 words an account what you anticipate would be, for you personally, the most challenging aspect of a career as a mental health counselor and indicate why you anticipate this would be so.
Admissions Essay #2
In an essay of 500 words or less write about your readiness to thrive in a graduate program in which you would work mostly independently and which requires high levels of self-direction and motivation.
- Describe your experiences completing independent projects
- Describe what you consider to be your resources and existing supports that will assist you in succeeding in self-directed study
- Write about how your strengths will contribute to your success with independent, graduate level studies
- Include any challenges that you may face during your self- directed graduate program at Prescott College
- If relevant describe what kind of assistance you will need to address any areas of concern.
Prescott College Contact Information
220 Grove Avenue
Prescott, Arizona 86301