Letters of Recommendation
Limited-Residency Masters of Arts in Counseling Psychology
The Prescott College Limited-Residency Master of Arts Counseling Psychology Program developed guidelines to help applicants identify potential recommenders and to ensure the Admissions Committee has the right feedback to build a holistic picture of the applicant.
- One letter should be from a person who has known the applicant well during the past six months.
- The other letter should be from a person who has known the applicant well for over five years.
- At least one letter, if possible, should be from a mental health practitioner who is not providing treatment to the applicant.
Both letters must address these applicant qualities:
- Intellectual and academic readiness for graduate work
- Capacity for self-reflection and readiness to receive critical feedback
- Ability to thrive in a self-organized and self-directed context
- Emotional maturity, quality of personal relationships, and understanding of professionalism
- Interest in the special features of Prescott College's program
Prescott College Contact Information
220 Grove Avenue
Prescott, Arizona 86301