Apply for Limited-Residency Master of Education
Are you ready to start your masters degree at Prescott College? We take a holistic approach to admissions - looking beyond numbers and grades. We want to get to know you. We look at evidence of good citizenship and community involvement, your goals and passions, and your unique talents. We thoughtfully and carefully consider all applications, looking beyond the paperwork to see the individual who wants to make a difference in the world. Use this application to apply for a Masters of Education in Elementary Education, Secondary Education, Educational Leadership/Principalship, or School Guidance Counseling.
STEP 1: Review Application Requirements.
Carefully review and begin gathering all application requirements:
- Two Letters of Recommendation: Applicants must submit two letters from academic or professional sources addressing your capability to complete graduate level work. Letters must contain the writer’s contact information and must explain the relationship to you. Letters can be collected via email through the online application process or may be emailed to email@example.com directly by the recommender and from the recommender’s email address.
- Current Resume
- Official Transcripts
- $40 application fee
- Personal Statement: In three to five pages, the applicant must integrate their thoughts around the two major themes described below into a comprehensive personal statement. The applicant should address each of the specific parts identified within each theme.
- Educational Goals:
- The events in your life that lead you to want to earn a graduate degree.
- How do you envision your life goals and professional aspirations changing as a result of this educational experience?
- Readiness to thrive in a graduate program in which the student, to a great degree, works independently and is required to demonstrate high levels of self-direction and motivation.
- Describe your experiences completing independent projects.
- Discuss how your existing support network will help you handle the sense of isolation that can occur when completing projects independently.
- What do you see as your strengths that will benefit you in a program such as this? What areas, if any, do you foresee that might pose a challenge to your success?
- Share your initial thoughts about the Student Teaching or Principal Internship experiences you will complete during your program. How will these experiences offer you the opportunity to explore the theories and demonstrate your learning in your field of study in a practical, real-world context?
- Educational Goals:
STEP 2: Apply Online.
Select your application below. If you are in need of a paper application please contact the admissions office.
STEP 3: Submit application materials
firstname.lastname@example.orgOfficial transcripts can be submitted electronically by the issuing institution viaScrip-Safe. Please ask if your college/university offers this service. Applicants may submit official transcripts if they are received by Prescott College Admissions in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution.