Letters of Recommendation
Limited-Residency Masters of Science in Counseling
The Prescott College Limited-Residency Master of Science Counseling Program developed guidelines to help applicants identify potential recommenders and to ensure the Admissions Committee has the right feedback to build a holistic picture of the applicant. Letters must contain the writer’s contact information and must explain the relationship to you. Letters may be emailed to email@example.com directly by the recommender and from the recommender’s email address.
- One letter should be from a person who has known the applicant well during the past six months.
- The other letter should be from a person who has known the applicant well for over five years.
- At least one letter, if possible, should be from a mental health practitioner who is not providing treatment to the applicant.
Both letters must address these applicant qualities:
- Intellectual and academic readiness for graduate work
- Capacity for self-reflection and readiness to receive critical feedback
- Ability to thrive in a self-organized and self-directed context
- Emotional maturity, quality of personal relationships, and understanding of professionalism
- Interest in the special features of Prescott College's program