What is Mentor Collective @ Prescott College?
- Mentor Collective is a national online mentoring community
- Prescott College is one of many schools to partner with Mentor Collective to provide support within the community through mentorship
- Mentor Collective matches incoming Prescott College students with a trained mentor based on common interests, background and academics
- Mentors are highly qualified Prescott upperclassmen and alumni
- If you have logistical questions at any point during your mentorship, feel free to email Becky Reuse at firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the expectations for a Mentor Collective mentorship?
- MC mentorships involve meeting at least once per month, usually via video chat
- Prescott.mentorcollective.org is the mentorship program’s online home base, where mentors and mentees can…
- Access discussion guides for each session
- Share insights on the mentee’s academic and individual concerns
What are other MC mentees saying about the experience?
- An expert friend before even arriving on campus: “It felt good to talk to someone and get to know the place that'll be your home for the next 4 years!” - Aradhya
- Real-life examples of how to be successful at school and answers to important questions: “[My mentor] is the type of person that is easy to talk to. He answered all my questions with examples of his friends, which was a bonus for me.” - Bruno
- A role-model who really gets to know you and helps you reach your goals: “We talked quite a bit about who we are and what we hope to accomplish with our lives.” - Victoria
How can students get matched with a mentor and get started?
- Once you submit your deposit you will receive information from Prescott College about several important next steps, including directions to register for the mentor program
- Haven’t received this information or want to learn more? Contact email@example.com