Institute for Sustainable Social Change
empowering activists, scholars and communities in the pursuit of social justice
To promote student activism while supporting programs, services and scholarly activities that seek to advance the common good through direct action and systemic change.
ISSC works to strengthen local communities and organizations through service by connecting community needs with human, social and financial capital. Through the facilitation of socially engaged learning and research opportunities we aid in the realization of human potential, the development of effective leaders and provide a foundation for recognizing and addressing institutionalized injustice. As partners in a better tomorrow we work through collaborations and coalitions to address social issues and thoughtfully confront structures of power and privilege.
We are Committed to:
- The inherent dignity of the human person
- Justice, equity and compassion in human relations
- Principles of continuous learning and improvement to advance the common good
- Innovation which strengthens the social foundation and supports environmental capacity
- Arizona Serve - Americorps VISTA national service program which places individuals at non-profits throughout Arizona to build organizational capacity and combat poverty.
- The Compleat Activist - Training and development opportunities designed to help students at Prescott College and elsewhere become successful activists.
- Plaza Comunitaria – A learning community for Spanish speaking adults seeking primary and secondary education credentials sponsored in partnership with the Mexican Consulate and Sacred Heart Parish.
- The ISSC Fellows program - A gathering place for scholars and activists to engage the feedback and support necessary for success.
- Research and internship coordination in sustainability and social justice fields.