Higher Learning Commission Mark of Affiliation

Prescott College offers accredited programs in both resident and limited-residency (distance) education delivery at the bachelor, master, and doctoral levels and is regionally accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association: (800) 621-7440.
The College is licensed to offer all degrees by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education .
All teacher preparation programs offered by the College are evaluated by the Arizona Department of Education and approved by the Arizona State Board of Education .
All programs are accredited by the Association for Experiential Education .

For the HLC site visit in November of 2009, Prescott College undertook an extensive examination of the current state of the College. This culminated in the creation of a Higher Learning Commission self study, as required by the reaccreditation process. Prescott College was granted a ten year reaccreditation.


Complaint Process

Students may file a grievance in response to any perceived infringement of their rights, whether the perceived infringement is of their rights according to federal law, their rights as students according to College policies, or simply their personal rights to fair and humane treatment. Prescott College is committed to handling all grievances in a prompt and equitable manner.

  • Students are encouraged to seek resolution to any concerns by discussing them informally with the appropriate staff member who is most directly associated with the matter.
  • If a complaint cannot be handled informally, then students should follow the Prescott College Student Grievance Procedures on page 59 in the Prescott College Catalog.
  • If the complaint cannot be resolved after exhausting the institution’s grievance procedure, the student may file a complaint with the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.  The student must contact the State Board for further details. The State Board address is 1400 W. Washington Street, Room 260, Phoenix, AZ 85007, phone # 602-542-5709, website address:
  • If the complaint cannot be resolved and the student resides in another state, they can contact their local state agency. The State Higher Education Executive Officers Association (SHEEO) has compiled a list of state agencies.  

    SHEEO’s Student Complaint Process by State (PDF)
Virtual Campus Tour


See All >

  • Emily Rolando

    Emily graduated with a B.A. in Psychology with an emphasis in leadership and outdoor programming. She holds a minor in business. After ...    Learn more >

  • Lee Cohen

    Lee Cohen has helped many people experience the joy of self-expression through art, from children living in Costa Rican garbage dumps to ...    Learn more >

  • James Nez

    James Nez, Esq. completed both the Limited Residency Undergraduate Program and the Master of Arts Program. He now practices civil and family ...    Learn more >

Bookmark and Share