“Thank you again for taking the time to help me out, and for following up with these great resources!” -Environmental Studies Graduate
Career Services at Prescott College starts as soon as you begin to get to know your faculty and continues through your academic career, and as an alumni. We strive to provide the information, contacts and resources to our enrolled students and alumni so that each individual can direct their own path. Guidance is available along the way through faculty, alumni, and others on campus.
At Prescott College, you will compile an E-Portfolio
a compilation of all your academic work, which allows you to provide future prospective employers with the relevant experience and knowledge base you have obtained through your Prescott College education. You leave Prescott College with a resume of experience, not just a transcript of courses taken.
At Prescott College, instructors really get to know you
One of the greatest assets of a Prescott College education is the development of close working relationships with several faculty members who are well-connected in their fields. This provides direct access to opportunities for jobs and graduate fellowships, as well as the familiarity that allows faculty to write effective letters of reference.
At Prescott College, our alumni want to help you
Part of the Prescott College experience involves multiple layers and opportunities for mentoring. In addition to mentored course studies, many graduates volunteer time to be available to current students as a career mentor.
Career Services Resources
Personal Attention: Connection with Faculty
- Take advantage of opportunities to get to know your instructors and have them get to know you – traveling to and from field excursions, at orientation and residencies, sharing meals, and learning in small class groups.
- In addition to using technology to connect, limited residency students can engage with faculty during residencies including Orientation and, for graduate students, at Colloquia.
- Faculty can help you identify your career interests and how to pursue them in an incredibly effective, informal way.
- The ASK Career Network connects students with alumni who serve as mentors to assist students as they make career-related decisions.
- Current ASK Career Network mentors include alumni in fields such as teaching, marriage and family therapy, parks and recreation, small business, wildlife biology, and administration.
- The ASK Career Network is free to use at any time during your enrollment at Prescott College
Current Listings for Prescott College Students & Alumni
- Job and Internship postings all over the country are listed within My Prescott – you must have a PC login to access these listings.
- Many of these listings are not available on the major public job search engines, as they are seeking candidates with specific educations and training, and, often, are specifically seeking Prescott College students – making many of the announcements excellent matches for our students.
Career Services Resource Center
- Our location in the One-Stop Center (Registrar, Financial Aid, Student Advising and Student Billing) will be live this Fall 2015. In addition to general information, resource guides will be available for on-site use by students and alumni.
- Computer kiosks are available in the Lobby of the One-Stop Center for online research during non-peak enrollment and orientation times.
- As a Prescott College student or alumni, you may also use www.saltmoney.org to start a job search, get tips on resume writing and interviewing, and read their regularly updated columns on career topics.
Emily graduated with a B.A. in Psychology with an emphasis in leadership and outdoor programming. She holds a minor in business. After ... Learn more >
Lee Cohen has helped many people experience the joy of self-expression through art, from children living in Costa Rican garbage dumps to ... Learn more >
James Nez, Esq. completed both the Limited Residency Undergraduate Program and the Master of Arts Program. He now practices civil and family ... Learn more >