Jobs at Prescott College
Faculty, Graduate Program in Counseling
Job ID#: 14-03
Job Type: Faculty - Full-time
Date Posted: Fri, 11 Apr 2014
Position Fill Date: Open until filled
Reports to: Dean
Job Summary (Return to top)
Prescott College seeks a full-time Full Faculty in the Masters of Science in Counseling program. The College invites applications from passionate educators and counseling professionals with expertise, experience, and excitement to teach in our distinctive Counseling program.
Prescott College is a private, liberal arts college in central Arizona with a mission that emphasizes student-directed, experiential learning for social justice and environmental sustainability. The limited-residency delivery model blends a core curriculum that combines on-line, in-person, and community-based learning that follows the standards set by CACREP. The program integrates theoretical study, field work, internships and practica, and community engagement to prepare diverse learners for professional licensure. A distinctive feature of the graduate programs is the range of alternative modalities offered as concentrations and post-M.A. certificates (e.g., Equine Assisted Mental Health; Expressive Art Therapy; Somatic Psychology; Ecopsychology; Adventure-based Psychotherapy) as well as specializations in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Couple & Family Counseling, Addiction Counseling and School Counseling.
The successful candidate will be a Full Faculty member, with primarily appointment in the Limited Residency Masters of Science in Counseling program and the proposed Ph.D. in Counselor Education program who will: 1. Teach and advise students; 2. Serve the College and community (e.g., through committee work, programmatic development, academic decision-making, and other curricular activities for the degree program as a whole); and 3. Engage in scholarship and professional development. Applicants must demonstrate the ability to teach effectively in traditional and online learning environments, strong interpersonal communication skills, a sense of humor, a collaborative approach and the ability to mentor and advise students. This is an on-site, campus based Faculty position.
Minimum Requirements: Education and Experience
• Earned doctoral degree in counselor education and supervision (preferably from a CACREP-accredited program), or an earned doctoral degree in a related field plus have been employed as a full-time faculty member in a counselor education program for a minimum of one full academic year.
• 5+ years experience in clinical practice.
• Licensed or licensed eligible in the State of Arizona.
• Minimum three years teaching and/or administration experience in a graduate program, preferably in alternative or hybrid delivery.
• Experience with CACREP accreditation.
• Strong public speaking skills.
• Awareness of and support for the College’s educational mission.
• Knowledge of and sensitivity to working with diverse populations.
Prescott College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and supports excellence through diversity. We encourage qualified applicants from historically underrepresented groups to participate in our recruitment efforts.