Jobs at Prescott College
Accounts Payable Clerk
Job ID#: 17-501
Department: Business Office
Job Type: Staff - Full-time
Date Posted: Fri, 10 Mar 2017
Position Fill Date: Open until filled
Reports to: CFO
Essential Responsibilities (Return to top)
• Responsible for the processing of disbursement/accounts payable for the College, by matching purchase orders to invoices and entering invoices into Microsoft Dynamic (Great Plains accounting software).
• Verifies internal approvals and charges expenses to appropriate accounts.
• Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal id numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos, and issuing stop-payments.
• Verifies employee expense reports and issues reimbursements.
• Process and monitors cash advances to employees.
• Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
• Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements. Enter new or update vendor names and data.
• Report sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices, reconciles accounts.
• Provide accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to the A/P function in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Reconciles college purchasing card transactions, enter transactions into accounting system and balance transactions with ach bank debits.
• Interprets college policy and procedures as they relate to Accounts Payable activities.
• Reconciles and process 1099 information for year-end reporting. Resolves subsequent issues.
• Create wire transfers, and Western Union wire transmittals.
• Assists during annual financial statement audit.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Other Business Office duties as assigned.
Education and Experience (Return to top)
• High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school preferred
• 1-3 years accounts payable experience
• Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
• General math skills
• Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
• Experience with Microsoft Dynamic Great Plains desirable
Prescott College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and supports excellence through diversity. We encourage qualified applicants from historically underrepresented groups along with Veterans and AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to participate in our recruitment efforts.