Jobs at Prescott College
Graduate Admissions Counselor
Job ID#: 16-517
Department: Admissions - ADGP
Job Type: Staff - Full-time
Date Posted: Mon, 17 Apr 2017
Position Fill Date: Open until filled
Reports to: Associate Director
Job Summary (Return to top)
Prescott College is expanding its graduate programs, including new fully online degrees, and has multiple Graduate Admissions Counselor positions available for qualified candidates to help drive this new growth.
Individuals in this position will be responsible for providing prospects and applicants with a high-quality and personalized admissions experience. Advises prospective students to determine their educational goals and actively guides them through each phase of the admissions process. Works collaboratively with other campus constituencies to ensure inquiries and applicants receive a high level of customer care. Participates in New Student Orientation and other on or off-campus recruiting events as needed.
Essential Responsibilities (Return to top)
- Possesses a strong knowledge of current graduate program information in order to advise prospective students’ in-person and through phone, text, and email.
- Maintains a working knowledge of relevant institutional and Federal Financial Aid amounts, processes and timelines.
- Proactively connects with prospects by telephone and email to raise their awareness of relevant Prescott College graduate programs.
- Follows-up with inquiries and applicants via telephone and email within 24 hours of receipt (during the normal business week) throughout the application and admissions process to ensure engagement, increase conversion and impact yield. Escalates complex technical questions and questions about transfer credits to the appropriate department chair.
- Writes copy for newsletter and other communication to inquiries, applicants, and other constituent groups.
- Works with the Admissions staff and other campus constituencies to remain up-to-date with all relevant graduate program initiatives and news.
- Reviews applicant files for completeness. Responsible for maintaining a large number of application files.
- Exercises discretion and judgment in the development of guidelines and procedures subject to the approval of the Director and in responding to the special needs of applicants (e.g., learning and physical disabilities).
- Collaborates with the Director to develop new promotional ideas.
- Cross-trained to promote every program at Prescott College. Represents the College at various outreach events.
- Builds awareness and an understanding of the basic functions of the Financial Aid Office, Registrar, Business Office and how these offices relate to the admissions/enrollment process.
- Participates in regular professional development experiences to increase knowledge of enrollment management and value to the College. May include reading, research, informational interviews, and participation in seminars/conferences.
- Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience (Return to top)
- Masters Degree highly desired, however Bachelors Degree plus additional 2 years experience will be considered.
- Two years of successful experience in a high-volume sales or relationship building role.
- Above average computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and email). Experienced user of CRM software and student information systems programs are a plus.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in an environment characterized by large workloads, deadline pressures, and high standards.
- A service oriented approach and an awareness of the needs and concerns of a private, liberal arts college are required.
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to exercise sound judgment and communicate effectively with a diverse population of students, counselors, alumni and other constituents.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel and work nights and weekends as necessary.
Prescott College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and supports excellence through diversity. We encourage qualified applicants from historically underrepresented groups along with Veterans and AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to participate in our recruitment efforts.