Jobs at Prescott College
Job ID#: 16-529
Department: Admissions - RDP
Job Type: Staff - Full-time
Pay Scale: 30,000
Date Posted: Mon, 22 Aug 2016
Position Fill Date: Open until filled
Reports to: Associate Director
Job Summary (Return to top)
Supports the overall goals of enrollment management through the effective marketing of the College to prospective students, parents, and professionals.
Essential Responsibilities (Return to top)
- Contacts inquiries/applicants within a short time of their initial inquiry to the College and maintains contact throughout the process. Assesses interest and need, overcomes objections and encourages movement through the enrollment process.
- Advises prospective students regarding educational and career benefits of a Prescott education.
- Plans and conducts on and off-campus recruitment events with prospective students, parents, and groups of educational consultants, teachers, and guidance counselors.
- Disseminates information about the College, its programs, and student life to small and large groups.
- Participates in annual Prescott College Previews (five to seven each year).
- Schedules visits to schools in assigned geographic areas around the country to meet with college counselors and interested students.
- Assumes responsibility for special admissions projects as needed.
- Provides feedback on print and online materials to ensure accuracy of program information.
- Develops relationships with educational institutions to foster awareness of and appreciation for Prescott College’s offerings.
- Assists with the development of action plans to support admissions goals.
- Works with other campus departments and entities (e.g.: financial aid, student life, housing) to foster matriculation.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines
- Ability to interact effectively as either a leader or as a member of a team
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment in the development of guidelines and procedures subject to the approval of the director and in responding to the special needs of applicants as part of the admissions committee.
- Reviews applications, makes admissions decisions both independently and as a member of the Admissions Committee exercising discretion and independent judgment to determine applicants’ qualifications to be successful PrescottCollege students.
- Communicates admissions decisions to applicants and maintains ongoing contact to foster matriculation.
Academic Program Support
- Responsible for knowledge of all programs that are offered by the college within a year.
- Serves as a liaison between one or more programs and the admissions office, keeping other members of the admissions team aware of program changes and updates.
- Researches competing programs at other colleges and complementary high schools and community colleges to determine the best way to market PC’s departments.
- Participate in regular professional development experiences to increase knowledge of enrollment management and value to the College.
- May include reading, research, informational interviews, and participation in seminars/conferences.
Education and Experience (Return to top)
- Baccalaureate Degree required.
- Articulated support and enthusiasm for the mission of the College and a liberal arts education.
- 1- 2 years progressively responsible academic admissions experience or related customer serve/sales experience.
- Computer and communication technology proficiency.
- Working knowledge of statistics and data-driven decision making.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in an environment characterized by large workloads, deadline pressures and high standards.
- A service oriented approach and an awareness of the needs and concerns of a selective private college are required.
- Excellent written, oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, the ability to exercise sound judgment and communicate effectively with a diverse population of students, counselors, alumni and other constituents.
- Willing to travel, work occasional weekends and evenings.
- Experience coordinating programs
- Recruitment experience
Prescott College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and supports excellence through diversity. We encourage qualified applicants from historically underrepresented groups along with Veterans and AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to participate in our recruitment efforts.