Jobs at Prescott College
Associate Director of Admissions Outreach & Recruitment
Job ID#: 17-527
Job Type: Staff - Full-time
Date Posted: Fri, 10 Mar 2017
Position Fill Date: Open until filled
Reports to: Dean, Enrollment Management
Job Summary (Return to top)
This position is based in Tucson. Bilingual (Spanish) highly desired In collaboration with the Enrollment Management office, the Associate Director will plan, execute, and be responsible for a comprehensive outreach and recruitment strategy for a designated territory to build awareness of all Prescott College’s degree and post-degree academic programs and build enrollment. The Associate Director will manage a team of contract recruiters and forge new relationships with a variety of constituent groups. This position is responsible for meeting targeted enrollment goals. Extensive travel is required. Evening and weekend work is required. Overnight travel and attendance at campus functions is required.
Essential Responsibilities (Return to top)
Works with the Director in Admissions to create a comprehensive outreach and recruitment strategy for the specific community college districts in the designated territory.
Collaborates with the Director in Admissions and the Professional Preparation Programs faculty to target major influencers in the Early Childhood and K-12 market and increase awareness and enrollment through the creation and implementation of effective recruitment, outreach and business development strategies.
Responsible for locating, training and coordinating the outreach activities of territory-based contract recruiters.
Works with the Admissions Director to build awareness and drive new enrollment (students seeking entry to the undergraduate programs, faculty, staff and administrators seeking a Master’s or PhD degrees) from a targeted group of high-potential public and private high schools.
Hosts regular information sessions throughout the designated territory.
Provides initial admissions advising to prospective students during regularly scheduled visits throughout the community colleges in the assigned territory.
Represents the College as an exhibitor at targeted mission-specific events.
Actively identifies and cultivates untouched markets, institutions and organizations to drive new inquiry and applicant traffic.
Collaborates with the admissions professionals in Prescott to seamlessly transition new applicants to their care and follow-up.
Creates effective promotional content for regular email campaigns to active and prospective partners.
Tracks, reports and assesses the effectiveness of all recruitment and outreach activities.
Provides support to other admissions staff on an as needed basis.
Completes monthly credit card expense report in a timely manner.
Completes other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience (Return to top)
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 or more years of progressively responsible admissions experience or equivalent experience in marketing, professional outreach and relationship management experience. Proven ability to meet or exceed performance goals.
- Strong organizational, research and data collection skills.
- Knowledge of basic statistics and data-driven decision making.
- Above average knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with contact management, student information systems, and customer relationship management tools.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in an environment characterized by heavy daily travel, large workloads, deadline pressures and high standards.
- A service oriented approach and an awareness of the needs and concerns of a selective private college are required.
- Excellent written, oral communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills, the ability to exercise sound judgment and communicate effectively with a diverse population of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and other constituents.
- Excellent driving record and a current state of Arizona driver license.
Reliable personal transportation to accommodate a heavy travel schedule.
Prescott College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and supports excellence through diversity. We encourage qualified applicants from historically underrepresented groups along with Veterans and AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to participate in our recruitment efforts.