Jobs at Prescott College
Job ID#: 18-1003 GA
Department: Business Office
Job Type: Staff - Full-time
Pay Scale: $ 15.50 per Hour
Date Posted: Wed, 03 Oct 2018
Position Fill Date: Open until filled
Reports to: CFO
Job Summary (Return to top)
Under the general direction of the Chief Financial Officer, the incumbent is responsible for the analysis and reconciliation of contracts and grants account expenditures in accordance with budgeted projections. Provide accurate monthly financial reports to Grantors, Staff Accountant, and Chief Financial Officer. Develop budgetary projections for review and make budgetary adjustments as needed. Responsible for primary authorization and oversight of purchasing, invoice processing and expense reimbursements for contracts and grants per budgets.
Essential Responsibilities (Return to top)
Financial Management of Institutional Grants
- Monitors budgets and approves expenditures related to institutional grants and temporary restricted accounts, provides analytical and management support for activities related to grants, assures adherence to line item allowances.
- Prepares various complex analytical accounting schedules, projections, reports, and materials for various internal and external agencies and administrators
- Completes and submits financial reports to awarding entities within deadlines
- Prepare, complete and record the drawdown of federal funds
- Shares notices or other updates with grant leadership to ensure effective administration of program.
- Researches and interprets compliance issues for state and federal grant programs
- Participates in grant administration meetings as necessary.
- Maintains all grant financial records for temporarily and permanently restricted accounts
Education and Experience (Return to top)
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree, or acquired skills during past work history
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Related experience in general ledger and financial data analysis preferred
- Related experience in grant accounting procedures preferred
- Strong spreadsheet and accounting software skills desired
- Proficient in Microsoft products e.g. word, excel, advanced skills preferable
Prescott College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and supports excellence through diversity. We encourage qualified applicants from historically underrepresented groups along with Veterans and AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to participate in our recruitment efforts.