Jobs at Prescott College
Student Success Associate
Job ID#: 17-0913B
Department: Financial Aid
Job Type: Staff - Part-time
Pay Scale: $ 13.00
Date Posted: Wed, 13 Sep 2017
Position Fill Date: Open until filled
Reports to: Registrar
Job Summary (Return to top)
To knowledgably assist and continually support students with each of the various steps and processes experienced throughout the student lifecycle and beyond. To provide high quality, customer focused service to all students, employees and guests.
This position is one of two front desk positions for the Center for Student Success/One Stop. Therefore, customer service is a daily responsibility. This position is a first point of contact for visitors to the One Stop. This involves working with students, parents, employees, alumni and other visitors to the College.
Essential Responsibilities (Return to top)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The primary responsibility of this position will be handling activities in relation to registration and enrollment, transcript processing, course contract building and record maintenance. This position will help coordinate activities associated with student enrollment including the processing of add/drop, and distribution of course related materials to faculty.
- Creates and maintains student records. Monitors compliance with college policies and procedures. Enters data in the Student Information System. This includes, but is not limited to, processing add/drop, assisting students with on-line registration and transcript request processing for alumni and current students. Scans/links students’ documents to electronic filing database. Posts evaluations, assists in the building of contracts in the Student Information System.
- Creates registration materials for posting on intra-net and emailing, monitors Registrar’s Office group email. Regularly check email box for Career Services, post public-ready announcements and direct interested parties to the student employment page to complete a job announcement form as needed. Assists with student orientations and enrollments. Provides data to other departments, e.g. Deans, Admissions, advisors. Updates policy information and forms as needed. Prepares and ships diplomas.
- Provides support for the Registrar, Associate Registrar and Enrollment Support as well as Student Billing and Financial Aid.
- Advises in person, online, phone and via email on student services; identifies and routes students appropriately according to their needs.
- Work collaboratively within the front office team to maintain lobby, bulletin boards, kiosks for public use, retrieve and distribute mail, lobby traffic and security.
- Secondary duty is to assist with the management of accounts receivable student billing and financial aid activities of the college. This includes but is not limited to preparing and mailing tuition and fee billings statements for all programs, verifying information and posting payments to student accounts, assisting with online payments, supporting A/P weekly audit, processing incoming cash receipts, preparing Student Billing payments for bank deposit, performing daily bank deposits and answering basic financial aid questions. Verifies balances owed and authorizes transcripts for registration department. Maintains student files and updates information as needed. Resolve weekly National Clearinghouse error report.
- Other duties as assigned
Supervision (Return to top)No
Education and Experience (Return to top)
Experience and Qualifications:
- Three years of successful experience with records management processes, customer service, data management, and clerical support.
- Associates Degree or equivalent schooling is preferred.
- Registration processes experience is preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT: Prescott College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and supports excellence through diversity. We encourage qualified applicants from historically underrepresented groups along with Veterans and AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to participate in our recruitment efforts.
Prescott College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and supports excellence through diversity. We encourage qualified applicants from historically underrepresented groups along with Veterans and AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to participate in our recruitment efforts.