Jobs at Prescott College
Academic Operations Database and Systems Support Specialist (AODSSS) Otis
Job ID#: 17-0918
Job Type: Staff - Full-time
Pay Scale: $15-$19.41
Date Posted: Wed, 20 Sep 2017
Position Fill Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017
Reports to: Dean, Associate Dean
Job Summary (Return to top)
Founded in 1966, Prescott College is proud to celebrate its rich 50-year history of offering experientially centered undergraduate and graduate degrees both on campus and via distance learning. Undergraduate students work closely with individual graduation committees to design their own degree plans, pulling from seven study areas: adventure education; arts and humanities; cultural and regional studies; environmental studies and sustainability; interdisciplinary studies; psychology, counseling, and human development; and education. Graduate programs include adventure education, arts and humanities, counseling, education, environmental studies, social justice and community organizing, expressive arts therapy, adventure-based psychotherapy, ecopsychology, and equine-assisted mental health.
Noted as a College of Distinction, one of the Best 382 Colleges by the Princeton Review, one of the top ten Most Innovative Small Colleges, one of the Best Value Colleges in Arizona, one of the Best Online Master’s in Counseling, one of the Best Value Master’s in Counseling programs, one of the 13 most interesting institutions by the Fiske Guide, and a veteran supportive campus by the Arizona Department of Veterans Services. Collaboration is emphasized over competition and interdisciplinary inquiry proceeds alongside professional skill development. Its courses are problem-based and solution-oriented; students work together to solve both local and global issues and help shape a more environmentally sustainable and socially just world.
The Prescott College campus is located in the mountain town of Prescott, Arizona, nestled between the ponderosa forests and grasslands at the confluence of the Granite Creek watershed. The mile-high city is ranked a Top Adventure Town by National Geographic Adventure Magazine, and one of the 7 Top Trail Towns according to Trail Runner Magazine. With over 450 miles of multi-use trails, world-class mountain-biking, a thriving rock-climbing scene, and nearby lakes for kayaking and canoeing, Prescott is an outdoor paradise. The Grand Canyon, Phoenix, Flagstaff, and the red rocks of Sedona are all within a two-hour drive. The historic downtown is just minutes from campus.
The Academic Operations Database and Systems Support Specialist (AODSSS) works with the Academic Operations (AO) team to build and manage data within database software and forms. Additionally, the AODSSS works with faculty, chairs, directors and administrative departments' in conjunction with the Academic Operations Manager to operationalize the cross-college curriculum planning process by supporting curriculum development and residency planning, documenting and publishing offerings in preparation for each enrollment period, and maintaining current and future years’ planning documents. The AODSSS will work with the Academic Operation Manager to administer the forms for all program for content and accuracy. This role will also operate with the Events Manager to coordinate all academic residencies. The AODSSS prepares and maintains process documentation for this position.
Essential Responsibilities (Return to top)
- Coordinate with the AO team on all aspects of the Limited-Residency residencies including
- logistics and space needs for all Residencies
- residency scheduling documentations, upload to website, communication to students;
- Limited-Residency events related to academic support
- Coordinate academic process improvement efforts;
- Provides various Crystal reports for dean and faculty (as needed)
- Represent Academic Operations in appropriate meetings
- General support for dean and faculty;
- As directed, prepares and send established communications directly or on behalf of faculty to prompt students to act on enrollment, mentor course approval process, or degree requirements;
- Updates and send new student letters
- Maintain Online Orientation for Limited-Residency programs
- Assists in coordinate updates to electronic forms and processes for all Limited-Residency programs
- Assists in coordinates and assures alignment, integrity, and efficiency in the catalog, advising documents, handbooks and calendars
- Assists in editing and updating of handbooks
- Maintains current process documentation for position;
- Maintain semester calendars for all Limited-Residency programs
Supervision (Return to top)No
Education and Experience (Return to top)
Qualifications and Experience:
- Associates degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Alternatively additional years of equivalent work experience will be considered
- Coordination and logistics skills
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in customer service environment
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a deadline-driven environment
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Experience using databases including student information systems
- Budget or accounting experience preferred Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus
Minimum Requirements (Return to top)
Occasional weekend and holiday service required. There is sitting for extended periods of time.
Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse and to handle other computer components. Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Perform other duties as assigned.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT: Prescott College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and supports excellence through diversity. We encourage qualified applicants from historically underrepresented groups along with Veterans and AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to participate in our recruitment efforts.
Prescott College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and supports excellence through diversity. We encourage qualified applicants from historically underrepresented groups along with Veterans and AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to participate in our recruitment efforts.