Jobs at Prescott College
Executive Director of Arizona Serve of Prescott College
Job ID#: 18-0716
Job Type: Administrator - Full-time
Pay Scale: $52,000-$60,000
Date Posted: Mon, 16 Jul 2018
Position Fill Date: Open until filled
Job Summary (Return to top)
Arizona Serve, a project of Prescott College, is a leader in the Arizona national service community, managing teams of AmeriCorps VISTA and AmeriCorps State members. Our mission is to connect passionate people with transformative community projects to fight poverty. Next year, Arizona Serve will support over two hundred AmeriCorps members serving in Yavapai County and Pima County.
The Executive Director of Arizona Serve will serve as the Program Director for the AmeriCorps State and AmeriCorps VISTA programs of Arizona Serve, providing financial and programmatic oversight, strategic planning, partner development, and member management.
The position serves from the Tucson Center of Prescott College
Essential Responsibilities (Return to top)
- Recruit and retain highly qualified program staff
- Manage program staff members by providing consistent supervision, coordinating staff responsibilities, ensuring accountability, offering professional development and training opportunities, and conducting annual performance evaluations.
- Oversee management and development of all aspects of Arizona Serve programs including community partnership development, host-site relationships, member recruitment and training, annual events, and internal program design.
- Ensure quality implementation of all program aspects including recruitment and retention efforts, curriculum development, communication with partners, training and management, safety standards, and record-keeping, among others.
- Oversee and facilitate development of Arizona Serve’s leadership development programming, including OSOT, in service training, supervisors training, and support to Prescott College students seeking service and volunteer opportunities.
- Oversee recruitment, training, and management of members.
- Coordinate and ensure quality of publicity and marketing materials related to programming including websites, social media, and promotional materials.
- Develop and maintain community partnerships that support the program operation.
- Work closely with the Prescott College Business Office and CFO to plan and monitor program budget including large grant awards with varied and changing start and end times.
- Write federal, state and private grants to ensure adequate revenue to support Arizona Serve’s programs and meet grant match requirements
- Ensure careful planning and adequate partner development that the program has the internal support to meet program needs and is poised for expansion.
Education and Experience (Return to top)
Proven experience and understanding of community building efforts, as they pertain to rural and urban communities specifically in Yavapai County and Pima County
Experience working with diverse and underserved communities
Ability to supervise others and history of leadership
Ability to maintain records and prepare timely reports
Ability to speak to individuals and groups as an ambassador for the agency
- Strong organizational skills
- Electronic outcomes reporting
- Excellent writing skills, including report writing
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office products such as EXCEL and PowerPoint, as well as Google equivalents
- Bilingual preferred
Program Manager Benefits
- Comprehensive health care benefits, including medical, dental, and vision
- Professional development opportunities including tuition waiver for Prescott College academic programs
Required Application Materials:
- Cover Letter
- Statement of previous work with diverse and underserved communities
- Prescott College Job Application
Offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of criminal background check.
Arizona Serve is committed to implementing inclusive practices in the workplace. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, age, ethnic background, sex, disability, size, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. Those who have marginalized identities, whether or not those identities provide protected status, are encouraged to apply.
Prescott College is a proud participant in the Employer of National Service initiative. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Prescott College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and supports excellence through diversity. We encourage qualified applicants from historically underrepresented groups along with Veterans and AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to participate in our recruitment efforts.