Jobs at Prescott College
Job ID#: 18-1005
Department: Office of the Registrar
Job Type: Staff - Full-time
Date Posted: Fri, 05 Oct 2018
Position Fill Date: Open until filled
Job Summary (Return to top)
The Registrar is responsible for the leadership and management of all administrative, operational, and technical functions of the Office of the Registrar in the One Stop. The Registrar ensures the integrity, accuracy, and security of all academic educational records of Prescott College students and helps to ensure compliance with federal, state, and other regulatory agencies. The Registrar enforces academic policies and regulations of the College and is the officer responsible for oversight and administration of academic and student policies as they pertain to student records.
Essential Responsibilities (Return to top)
- Lead the Registrar’s Office in thinking innovatively and collaboratively. Position the office to respond to the College’s needs and anticipated growth.
- Collaborate with key administrative offices (Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Admissions) and partner with academic leadership to support the effective functioning of the College.
- Manage, maintain and be accountable for all academic and educational records of Prescott College students. Manage the degree audit process to ensure the integrity of the completion of the degree program.
- Oversee and administer academic policies and regulations to ensure compliance with federal, state, and other regulatory agencies.
- Responsible for the development, management and operations of the student information system for Registrar-related activities. Ensure the data integrity of data from the Registrar’s Office.
- Mentor and supervise Registrar’s Office staff members with attention to ongoing professional development.
- Evaluate existing systems, workflows, and technology and institute improvements to ensure efficiency of administrative processes, consistency with best practice standards, and superior customer service.
- Develop and manage budget.
Education and Experience (Return to top)
Masters Degree required, preferably in educational administration or similar or related field.
- Minimum of five years of registrarial experience, including at least two years as a Registrar in a four year college, with attendant staff supervisory responsibilities.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of laws, trends, issues, and best practices related to registrarial role.
- Requires ability to work effectively in a collegial atmosphere, and to motivate and train employees.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Prescott College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and supports excellence through diversity. We encourage qualified applicants from historically underrepresented groups along with Veterans and AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to participate in our recruitment efforts.