Jobs at Prescott College
Executive Assistant-Office of the President
Job ID#: 18-1022
Department: President's Office
Job Type: Staff - Full-time
Date Posted: Mon, 22 Oct 2018
Position Fill Date: Open until filled
Reports to: President
Job Summary (Return to top)
Performs complex, highly responsible and confidential secretarial and managerial duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience and advanced knowledge of organizational policies and procedures.
Handles communications, scheduling, and special projects for the President and Provost. Supports Board relations, office operations and special projects. Manages budgets and supervises student/ staff workers as assigned. Supports memberships, applications, and renewals for PC corporation and academic programs with state and regional accrediting and licensing organizations.
Essential Responsibilities (Return to top)
Provides administrative support to the President, Provost and Board of Trustees.
- Serves as primary liaison with the President and Provost.
- Acts as direct liaison between the Board and the College.
- Screens calls and visitors, and makes referrals to other administrative offices. Assists with scheduling and logistical arrangements.
- Opens, reviews, and prioritizes mail for the President and Provost, redirecting as appropriate. Prepares and edits documents, and drafts correspondence for the President's and Provost's signature. Responds directly to correspondence not requiring the personal attention of the President or Provost.
- In the absence of the President or Provost, receives, prioritizes, and redirects issues to insure prompt and effective action.
- Confers with Board members, senior management, staff, and external agency representatives in providing and clarifying information, and in resolving problems. Includes research, collection of information and materials, and reply preparation.
- Plans and coordinates conferences and meetings which include preparing and proposing agendas, gathering and compiling data, preparing and distributing materials, contacting participants, and follow-up.
- Maintains the President's and Provost's calendar, and schedules meetings and appointments. Prepares briefing materials for appointments as required.
- Develops and manages the President's and Provost's travel plans, itineraries and expense reimbursement.
Manages office operations.
- Establishes office procedures, record-keeping and tracking systems.
- Proposes annual operating budget for the Office and, upon implementation, maintains/tracks the budget throughout the year, reconciles budget reports, processes purchase requisitions and other forms.
- Purchases equipment, furniture, supplies, books, and services.
- Selects, trains, directs, and evaluates the work of student and staff project employees in performing general office work and in completing special projects.
- Provides guidance on administrative policies/procedures to other College offices.
- Plans and coordinates special events.
Coordinates operations for the Board of Trustees.
- Prepares agendas and board documentation, maintains Board of Trustees website, and oversees logistical arrangements for meetings and teleconferences (e.g., reservation of rooms, room set-up, catering).
- Takes, transcribes, edits, and distributes minutes of Board meetings.
- Indexes and maintains all official records of the Board and its committees.
- Disseminates Board-related information, and provides support for various project and events (e.g., dinners, receptions, retreats, special events).
- Develops, maintains, and distributes Trustee Handbook.
- Collaborates with the Institutional Advancement Office for communications and advancement planning with the Board.
- Plans and coordinates Board retreats and special meetings.
Develops and supports institutional memberships, applications and renewals
- Submits renewals for corporation.
- Supports processes for state licensing in Arizona and other states, for regional accreditation, and other memberships as necessary for new programs and new state licenses.
- Engages stakeholders across the College to collect program and reporting data necessary for applications and reports.
- Researches state and professional licensure regulations to maintain databases and guide strategy.
- Keeps relevant records and maintains website listings.
- Supports reporting to organizations for SARA membership.
Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience (Return to top)
- Bachelor's degree.
- Previous relevant work experience.
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Computer proficient; able to write well and produce print and web documents, and to create and manage spreadsheets and databases.
- Event planning and coordination skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a changing environment with changing technologies.
- Track record of creative problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently exercise sound judgment and decision making skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in an environment characterized by large workloads, deadline pressures, and high standards.
- Proven ability to deliver excellent customer service.
Prescott College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and supports excellence through diversity. We encourage qualified applicants from historically underrepresented groups along with Veterans and AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to participate in our recruitment efforts.