Early College Program for High School Students
Southwest Experience and Early College (SEEC)
Expect to be challenged both academically and physically while immersed in the awe-inspiring natural surroundings of the Southwest.
Experience hands-on learning in the field
PRESCOTT COLLEGE IS THRILLED to again offer the Southwest Experience and Early College (SEEC) program to high school students’ 16-18 years old as a way to accrue college credit for summer courses. Modeled after the College’s undergraduate courses and taught by Prescott College faculty and instructors, you will experience hands-on learning in the field just like our Prescott College students. It will give you the personal opportunity to familiarize yourself with our teaching and learning styles.
Critical thinking, and meaningful understanding
Our SEEC program promotes innovative academic skills, critical thinking, and meaningful understanding of environmental issues, nature and our environment while contributing to self-confidence, leadership and strong communication skills. And the best part is - it’s fun and exciting!
Native Cultures of the Southwest: Myths, Movement, and Maize
July 10 - July 20, 2013
• Program cost is $1,600 per course and covers tuition, instructional materials, and costs on the course such as camping fees, transportation to learning sites, group food, adventure equipment, and park entrance fees.
• Two (2) semester college credits will be awarded for successful completion of course requirements.
• Duration of each course is 11 days.
• Course size is limited to 10.
• Each course is taught by two instructors, one male and one female
• All courses are co-ed.
• You are responsible for transportation costs to and from Prescott College.
Applying is simple!
High school students interested in a SEEC course are encouraged to apply early. Contact the Admissions office at 877-350-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an application. Or, download a copy of the application below.
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive, and accepted up to two weeks before the start of each course when space available. Students will be notified of admittance by mail and will be required to complete and submit additional registration materials including a medical history form filled out by a physician and proof of medical insurance.
Seek out your summer experience with Prescott College! Expect to be challenged both academically and physically while immersed in awe-inspiring natural surroundings of the Southwest.
Prescott College Contact Information
220 Grove Avenue
Prescott, Arizona 86301