We Heard You! Library Survey Results
Thanks to all students who participated in the library survey during spring semester. We
had a tremendous response rate, which allowed us to gather some very valuable
information about how to serve you better.
What you love
- Friendly, helpful staff and librarians.
- The comfortable, green and sunny, (mostly) quiet atmosphere is conducive to
- EBSCOhost, ebrary, and the Library search box (which has been available less
than a year!).
What you aren’t as happy about
- Although most students (83% of RDP students) thought the noise level was
fine, some thought it could be quieter. Students also requested even more
- Students would like a better printing system and staff who are able to
address printing problems.
- Students in the limited residency programs were much less likely than RDP students to use
physical materials (although they are much more aware of electronic
resources than on-campus students).
How we’re responding
- We will keep your favorite databases!
- We will continue to provide training and tutorials about some of the lesser-
known, specialized databases (such as ARTstor and Birds of North America).
- We will continue to acquire electronic content that is accessible to everyone,
although our physical collection isn’t going away anytime soon.
- We are working on bringing a backup printer into the Library so that you
aren’t late to class because of a printer jam.
- We’ve added another couch and easy chair
- Bring back the newsletter! Several comments mentioned that they missed
the newsletter. We’ve heard and responded!
Current Library Hours
M - Th: 7:30 am - midnight
Fr: 7:30 am - 9:00 pm
Sa: 10 am - 6 pm
Su: Noon - midnight
CLOSED on Monday, Oct. 13 for Indigenous People's Day
You can also view our complete, yearly schedule.
Contact the Library
toll free: 877-350-2100 x1300