Computer Use Policy
The Prescott College Library at the Crossroads Center welcomes our students and other members of the community who use our resources to enrich their lives. Our public computers are available primarily for the academic use of our students; depending upon availability, community patrons may also use the computers for their research needs.
The computers in the library are available to Prescott College students, faculty, and staff on a first come, first served basis. There are no time limits on computer use, and there is no advance reservation policy. When there is a wait for computers, however, anyone who is using a computer for recreational purposes only ( playing games, personal rather than academic use, etc.) may be asked to relinquish the computer.
- Public use computers are available for community members; these computers are for
searching our online book catalog as well as for general use, and do not require a login.
- We encourage the use of laptops and portable computing devices. These devices can connect
to our wireless network. At no time should these devices be plugged directly into our Ethernet ports.
- Anyone gone from a computer for more than 15 minutes may lose their station if others are waiting.
- Unattended belongings are not the responsibility of the Library.
- Viewing of Sexually Explicit Materials/Images - Arizona Revised Statutes 13-3507 states that it is a violation of the law “to place explicit sexual material on public display.” Therefore, when Library staff become aware that someone is viewing explicit sexual material from a computer in the library, we will warn the person he/she is breaking Arizona law and we reserve the right to ban the person from the library. This policy applies both to library computers and to users’ own laptops and other portable electronic devices, as long as the material on the screen is on public display. Definitions of “explicit sexual material” and “public display” are given in the law, see link above.
- Library users are expected to respect copyright and intellectual property rights.
Mon - Fri: 8 am - 6 pm
Saturday: 10 am - 6 pm
Special Symposium Hours
Fri, May 16: 8 am - 9 pm
Saturday, May 17: 8 am - 6 pm
Sunday, May 18: 8 am - 3 pm
Contact the Library
toll free: 877-350-2100 x1300