A reserve collection is a set of materials left at the library circulation desk for use by a class of students. The primary purpose of reserves is to make high demand, limited copies of required course material available in an equitable manner. Reserve materials may include books (library and/or faculty copies), journal articles, and other required readings, audio/visual materials, and course notes or syllabi. The Library encourages the use of e-course reserves.
General Criteria for Reserve Collection
- All materials submitted for reserve should meet copyright regulations. Articles submitted must have full bibliographic citations before being added to the Reserve Collection.
- All reserve materials will be kept behind the Circulation Desk and students will request the materials from the library staff.
- Faculty should bring reserve materials to the library at least one day prior to use to allow for processing the materials.
- Library or faculty copies of materials may be placed on reserve. Materials owned by another library may not be placed on reserve.
- Although the library staff will make every effort to protect personal faculty copies, the library assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged materials. Faculty is responsible for replacing damaged or missing pages from article folders.
Reserve Loan Periods
Library Use Only - Materials are checked out for 5-hour periods and may not be removed from the library.
Overnight Use - During the day materials are checked out for 5-hour periods and may be removed from the library. These materials are available for overnight checkout within 5 hours of closing and must be returned within one hour after opening the next business day.
Reserve Overdue Fines
Fines on reserve materials accrue at a rate of $.25 per hour, no grace period.
Current Library Hours
Mon - Thu: 7:30 am - midnight
Fri: 7:30 am - 10 pm
Sat: 10 am - 6 pm
Sun: noon - midnight
The Library will be closed for Spring Break 3/10-3/15.
You can also view our complete, yearly schedule.
Contact the Library
toll free: 877-350-2100 x1300