Arts & Letters
The Arts & Letters program at Prescott College includes a wide variety of courses and areas of study, including Dance & Transformation; Large Format Photography; Public Art: Mural Painting; Sudden Fiction: The Art of the Very Short Story; Acting Workshop: Improvisation & Scene Study; Ceramics; Contemporary Perspectives in Photography; Creative Nonfiction; Dance & Improvisation; Digital Imaging; Directing Workshop; Documentary Photography; Fiction Writing; Foundations of Visual Art; Interpreting Nature Through Art & Photography; Literary Journal Practicum; Literature of the American Dream; Nature's Voice: Reading and Writing About Natural History; Basic Photo Exploration; Poetry Workshop; The Derivative Image: Abstract Painting; Visual Arts Exhibition Practicum: Gallery Management; Voices from the World Mosaic; and various Special Topics.
Dictionaries & Encyclopedias | Library Databases | eJournals | Web Resources | Citation Styles | Organizations
- Columbia Companion to Modern East Asian Literature
- Columbia Guide to American Indian Literatures of the United States Since 1945
- Columbia Guide to Asian American Literature Since 1945
- Companion to African American Literature
- Concise Oxford Companion to African American Literature
- Hutchinson Concise Dictionary of Music
- Hutchinson Dictionary of Symbols in Art
- Hutchinson Dictionary of the Arts
- Hutchinson Encyclopedia of Literature
- Illustrated Dictionary of Photography
- New Handbook of Literary Terms
- Sourcebook for Research in Music
- Who's Who in 20th Century World Poetry
- 2011 Poet's Market PN1059.M3P59 REFERENCE
- The Columbia Granger's Index to Poetry PN1022.C63 REFERENCE
- Contemporary Literary Criticism (series) PN771.C59 REFERENCE
- Latin American Writers PQ7081.A1L37 REFERENCE
- Encyclopedia of Life Writing PR756.B56E53 REFERENCE
- The New Grove Dictionary of Music & Musicians ML100.N48 REFERENCE
- ARTstor provides 1.5 million high-quality images in the arts, architecture, humanities, and sciences. Instructors can create image groups to share with their students.
- EBSCOhost includes Academic Search Premier and MLA Bibliography.It provides full-text articles in over 4,700 journals, including more than 3,700 peer-reviewed titles. In addition to the full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for all 8,250 journals in the collection.
- GoogleScholar "enables you to search specifically for scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, preprints, abstracts and technical reports from all broad areas of research. Use Google Scholar to find articles from a wide variety of academic publishers, professional societies, preprint repositories and universities, as well as scholarly articles available across the web".
- JStor is a trusted archive of important scholarly journals. JSTOR is not a current issues database. Because of JSTOR's archival mission, there is a gap, typically from 1 to 5 years, between the most recently published journal issue and the back issues available in JSTOR. Prescott College subscribes to Arts & Sciences Collections I and IV, Biological Sciences Collection, and Language & Literature Collection.
- ProQuest, including Research Library, Dissertations & Theses, provides one-stop access to a wide range of popular academic subjects. The database includes more than 3,820 titles—over 2,550 in full text—from 1971 forward.
full text, academic content
- Bryn Mawr Review of Comparative Literature
- Crossings: Electronic Journal of Art and Technology
- Humanist Studies & the Digital Age
- International Journal of Education and the Arts
- Janus Head
- Meditations: Journal of the Marxist Literary Group
- Oral Tradition
- American Museum of Photography
- Center for Creative Photography
- Gale Literary Index
- Wikipedia Commons a database of 11,271,620 freely usable media files to which anyone can contribute.
Handouts provide help in writing style, formatting your paper, and citing your sources, both in-text and in the References/Bibliography section.
- MLA Handbook MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers, 7th edition
Contact a Librarian!
Michaela Willi Hooper 928-350-1307
Rich Lewis 928-350-1301