Counseling Psychology & Human Development
Counseling Psychology and Human Development at Prescott College includes a wide variety of courses and areas of study, including Best Practices in Equine-Assisted Learning; Human Growth and Development; Counseling Theories; Psychopathology: Diagnosis and Treatment Planning; Helping Relationships: Basic Counseling Skills; Group Work: Clinical Theory and Practice; Models of Leadership: Leadership through Differentiation; Organizing, Activism & Alliance Politics; Adolescent Psychology; Ecopsychology: Paradigms & Perspectives; and various Special Topics.
Dictionaries & Encyclopedias | Article Databases | eJournals | CP Capstones | Web Resources | Citation Styles | Statistics | Organizations
- The Child: An Encyclopedic Companion
- Comprehensive Dictionary of Psychoanalysis
- Dictionary of Psychology and Allied Sciences
- The Edinburgh International Encyclopedia of Psychoanalysis
- Encyclopedia of Consciousness
- Encyclopedia of Elder Care: The Comprehensive Resource on Geriatric and Social Care
- Encyclopedia of Relationships across the Lifespan
- Elsevier's Dictionary of Psychological Theories
- Handbook of Positive Psychology
- Handbook of Research Methods in Personality Psychology
- Historical Encyclopedia of School Psychology
- Key Concepts in Developmental Psychology
- The Penguin Dictionary of Psychology
- APA Dictionary of Psychology
- The Concise Corsini Encyclopedia of Psychology and Behavioral Science
- The Counseling Dictionary: Concise Definitions of Frequently Used Terms
- Encyclopedia of Archetypal Symbolism
- Encyclopedia of Children and Childhood: In History and Society
- Legal and Ethical Dictionary for Mental Health Professionals
- The Oxford Companion to the Mind
- EBSCOhost, including Academic Search Premier full-text articles in over 4,700 journals, including more than 3,700 peer-reviewed titles. In addition to the full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for all 8,250 journals in the collection. Also includes the psychology databases PsycInfo and PsycArticles.
- GoogleScholar "enables you to search specifically for scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, preprints, abstracts and technical reports from all broad areas of research. Use Google Scholar to find articles from a wide variety of academic publishers, professional societies, preprint repositories and universities, as well as scholarly articles available across the web".
- JStor a trusted archive of important scholarly journals. JSTOR is not a current issues database. Because of JSTOR's archival mission, there is a gap, typically from 1 to 5 years, between the most recently published journal issue and the back issues available in JSTOR. Prescott College subscribes to Arts & Sciences Collections I and IV, Biological Sciences Collection, and Language & Literature Collection.
ProQuest, including Research Library, Dissertations & Theses provides one-stop access to a wide range of popular academic subjects. The database includes more than 3,820 titles—over 2,550 in full text—from 1971 forward. Also includes PILOTS, a specialized PTSD database.
full text, academic content
- Advances in Cognitive Psychology
- Annual Review of Critical Psychology
- Behavior and Social Issues
- Counseling Psychologist
- Forum: Qualitative Social Research
- Frontiers in Psychology
- International Journal of Wellbeing
- Journal of Jungian Scholarly Studies
More e-journal recommendations can be found at the Directory of Open Access Journals.
Faculty-recommended examples of masters of counseling student capstone projects are available from ebrary. Here is a current list of available examples.
- Buros Institute of Mental Measurements Online test reviews (NOTE: Graduate students may contact test publishers for actual tests)
- FAQ/ Finding Information about Psychological Tests from APA
- Mental Health from Medline Plus
Handouts provide help in writing style, formatting your paper, and citing your sources, both in-text and in the References/Bibliography section.
- APA The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association Style, 6th edition
- Arizona Board of Behavioral Health
- American Counseling Association
- American Psychological Association
- Mental Health America
- National Association of Social Work
- National Center for PTSD
- National Institute of Mental Health
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
Contact a Librarian!
Michaela Willi Hooper 928-350-1307
Rich Lewis 928-350-1301