Cultural & Regional Studies
Cultural & Regional Studies at Prescott College includes a wide variety of courses and areas of study, including Law & Social Change; Organizing, Activism & Alliance Politics; Religious Ethics & Environmental Activism; The Color Line in U.S. History; Introduction to Power, Place, & Knowledge; Globalization & Religion; Historical Explorations of Latin America; History of Gender & Sexuality; Image & Power in Mass Culture; Latin American Cultural Crossings; Introduction to Peace Studies; Philosophy: Modes of Thinking; Social Problems: Research Methods & Theories; Spanish; The Documentary: Film-making for Fun, Profit, & Justice; World Languages; World Religions; and various Special Topics.
Dictionaries & Encyclopedias | Keywords | Article Databases | eJournals | Web Resources | Citation Styles | Statistics | Organizations
- Borderlands Encyclopedia
- Dictionary of Philosophical Terms and Names
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Britannica Encyclopedia of World Religions
- Encyclopedia of the Mexican American Civil Rights Movement
- Encyclopedia of Minorities in American Politics: Volume 1, African Americans and Asian Americans
- Encyclopedia of Minorities in American Politics: Volume 2, Hispanic Americans and Native Americans
- Encyclopedia of Religious Phenomena
- Hutchinson Dictionary of American History
- Latinas in the United States: A Historical Encyclopedia
- Women's Studies Encyclopedia
- Encyclopedia of American Studies E169.1.E625 REFERENCE
- Encyclopedia of Religion BL31.E46 REFERENCE
- Encyclopedia of Religion and Nature BL65.N35E53 REFERENCE
- gender studies
- women's studies
- Mexican-American border region
- cultural differences
- EBSCOhost provides full-text articles in over 4,700 journals, including more than 3,700 peer-reviewed titles. In addition to the full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for all 8,250 journals in the collection.
- GoogleScholar "enables you to search specifically for scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, preprints, abstracts and technical reports from all broad areas of research. Use Google Scholar to find articles from a wide variety of academic publishers, professional societies, preprint repositories and universities, as well as scholarly articles available across the web".
- JSTOR is a trusted archive of important scholarly journals. JSTOR is not a current issues database. Because of JSTOR's archival mission, there is a gap, typically from 1 to 5 years, between the most recently published journal issue and the back issues available in JSTOR. Prescott College subscribes to Arts & Sciences Collections I and IV, Biological Sciences Collection, and Language & Literature Collection.
ProQuest provides several collections, including Research Library (scholarly articles) and Dissertations & Theses. It provides one-stop access to a wide range of popular academic subjects. The database includes more than 3,820 titles—over 2,550 in full text—from 1971 forward.
full text, academic content
- Contemporary Justice Review
- Journal of Criminal Justice and Popular Culture
- Journal of Religion and Popular Culture
- Other Voices: The ejournal of Cultural Criticism
These handouts help with basic citation questions, both in-text and in the References/Bibliography section. Consult the Manual(s) for specific guidelines in writing and formatting your paper.
- Chicago The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition
- APA The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association Style, 6th edition
- American Historical Association
- Amnesty International
NativeWeb Resources for Indigenous Cultures around the World
Contact a Librarian!
Michaela Willi Hooper 928-350-1307
Rich Lewis 928-350-1301
Mon - Fri: 8 am - 6 pm
Saturday: 10 am - 6 pm
Contact the Library
toll free: 877-350-2100 x1300