Education Research Guide
The Education program at Prescott College includes a wide variety of courses and areas of study, including Assessment & Measurement; Characteristics & Practices in the Young Child's Behavior; Children & Nature; Classroom Management; Child Growth & Development; Curriculum Design; Early Language & Literacy; Health, Safety, & Nutrition; Learning Theories; Science: Methods & Practice, and various Special Topics.
Dictionaries & Encyclopedias Keywords Article Databases eJournals Web Resources Research Methods Citation Styles Statistics Organizations
Access to Education, Bilingual Education, Community Education, Curriculum, Early Childhood Education, Educational Assessment, Elementary Secondary Education, Environmental Education, Folk Schools, Free Schools, Instruction, Learning, Lifelong Learning, Montessori Schools, Multicultural Education, Nonformal Education, Nontraditional Education, Postsecondary Education, STEM Education, Teaching Methods, Urban Education
- EBSCOhost, including Academic Search Premier and Environment Complete. Full-text articles in over 4,700 journals, including more than 3,700 peer-reviewed titles. In addition to the full text, this database offers indexing and abstracts for all 8,250 journals in the collection. EBSCOhost includes ERIC and Education Research Complete.
- GoogleScholar "enables you to search specifically for scholarly literature, including peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, preprints, abstracts and technical reports from all broad areas of research. Use Google Scholar to find articles from a wide variety of academic publishers, professional societies, preprint repositories and universities, as well as scholarly articles available across the web".
- JStor a trusted archive of important scholarly journals. JSTOR is not a current issues database. Because of JSTOR's archival mission, there is a gap, typically from 1 to 5 years, between the most recently published journal issue and the back issues available in JSTOR. Prescott College subscribes to Arts & Sciences Collections I and IV, Biological Sciences Collection, and Language & Literature Collection.
- ProQuest, including Research Library, provides one-stop access to a wide range of popular academic subjects. The database includes more than 3,820 titles—over 2,550 in full text—from 1971 forward.
full text, academic content
- Current Issues in Education
- Early Childhood Research & Practice
- Education Review
- Educause Review
- Electronic Journal of Science Education
- International Journal for Mathematics Teaching & Learning
- International Journal of Education & the Arts
- International Journal of Special Education
More free education e-journals can be found at the Directory of Open Access Journals.
- Annenberg Institute for School Reform
- Arizona Department of Education
- RAND Education
- NEA Reference Center
- U.S. Department of Education
Handouts provide help in writing style, formatting your paper, and citing your sources, both in-text and in the References/Bibliography section.
APA The Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association Style, 6th edition
- American Montessori Society
- The Association for Experiential Education
- Association of Waldorf Schools in North America
- Children & Nature Network
Contact a Librarian!
Michaela Willi Hooper 928-350-1307
Rich Lewis 928-350-1301
Current Library Hours
Mon - Thu: 7:30 am - midnight
Fri: 7:30 am - 10 pm
Sat: 10 am - 6 pm
Sun: noon - midnight
The Library will be closed for Spring Break 3/10-3/15.
You can also view our complete, yearly schedule.
Contact the Library
toll free: 877-350-2100 x1300