Lifelong Learning Center Course Proposal
Thank you for your interest in offering a course or program through the Lifelong Learning Center at Prescott College. The Lifelong Learning Center supports the Prescott College Mission by providing professional development programs. These life-enhancing learning experiences connect the learner to self, family, community, the environment, and the diverse cultures of the world. Lifelong Learning Center courses and programs extend to the community learning opportunities similar to Prescott College degree courses and reflect the College’s values of discovery, environmental and cultural sensitivity, and service to community and world. Please take the time to review and address these values in your proposal, as your course/program proposal will be reviewed with this in mind.
The Mission Statement of Prescott College:
It is the mission of Prescott College to educate students of diverse ages and backgrounds to understand, thrive in, and enhance our world community and environment. We regard learning as a continuing process and strive to provide an education that will enable students to live productive lives while achieving a balance between self-fulfillment and service to others. Students are encouraged to think critically and act ethically with sensitivity to both the human community and the biosphere. Our philosophy stresses experiential learning and self-direction within an interdisciplinary curriculum.
Prescott College Core Guiding Principles:
• Sustainability: We follow three principles in determining sustainability: social, economic and ecological
• Carbon Neutral Programs: We offset course emissions through “green” service in the field
• Experiential Learning Programming: Our courses are hands-on opportunities for all learning styles
• Stewardship: We serve as an ambassador of and champion for our world and everyone in it
• Service and Contribution: Our programs strive to make our community and the world a better place for all
• Diversity, Culture & History: Our programs share an appreciation for diverse perspectives, individuals, and communities
• Connection to Community: We strive to demonstrate our connections to and with the communities where our programs take place
Lifelong Learning Center Program Areas:
• Professional Development Programs
Certifications, continuing education clock hours (CEUs), workshops, classes, institutes, intensives, and conferences for professional growth and success in the areas of leadership, management, entrepreneurship, sustainability, digital media, education, art therapy, equine-assisted learning/mental health, behavioral health, wellness, and more!
Lifelong Learning Center Course Terms and Proposal Deadlines:
LLC Fall Term: September 1st – December 31st
• Proposal Deadline: May 1st
LLC Spring Term: January 1st – May 31st
• Proposal Deadline: September 1st
LLC Summer Term: June 1st – August 31st
• Proposal Deadline: February 1st
Lifelong Learning How To...
Register for a Course
Registration instructions, important forms, and refund policy. ... Learn more >
Payment and Refunds
Full payment must accompany registration form and is due no later than ... Learn more >