Academics at Prescott College
Davida Taurek, M.S.
Adjunct Faculty and Coordinator of the Somatic Emphasis
Davida has a diverse academic background in counseling psychology, the creative arts, and body-centered therapies. For over two decades she was a professional doula, helping mothers during labor and birth. Currently, she has an ongoing private practice in counseling, is on the teaching faculty at Esalen Institute, and is a certified instructor of Watsu®, WaterDance®, Motion Theater®, and 5Rhythms®. Davida leads trainings, workshops, and retreats worldwide.
M.S. Master of Science in Counseling, Specialization in Couple and Family Therapy - Prescott College (May 2016)
B.A. Bachelor of Arts, Theater Arts, Magna Cum Laude - San Francisco State University (May 1989)
- Integrative Body Psychotherapy, Somatic Counseling, Expressive arts, dance, movement meditation, drumming, yoga, hiking, and playing improvisational theater games
- Expressive Art Therapy Summer Institute, Prescott College, AZ
- The Rhythms & Stories of our Lives (August 7 – 9, 2017)
- Tony Robbins International Research RRI
- Cultivating Aliveness: Unleash the Power Within, Los Angeles, CA. (March 23 -26, 2017)
- Movement is Medicine: Exclusive Platinum Partnership, Jaipur, India (October 27 -31, 2016)
- Prescott College Colloquia
- Transforming Trauma with Motion Theater: Prescott College, AZ (August 23 - 26, 2017)
- Movement as Medicine: Prescott College, AZ (January 10 – 15, 2017)
- Riding the Wave: 5Rhythms in Motion: Prescott College, AZ (January 15 – 18, 2015)