Academics at Prescott College
Nicholas Weiss, M.A., M.L.S.
Faculty / Director of Library & Learning Commons
Prescott College Library - Crossroads Center North
220 Grove Ave.
Prescott, AZ 86301
"May I be a protector for those without one, A guide for all who journey on the way; May I become a boat, a raft or bridge, For all who wish to cross the water."Shantideva
M.L.S., Texas Woman's University, Library Science, 2008
M.A., Naropa University, Indo-Tibetan Buddhism and Sanskrit, 2005
B.A., Hendrix College, Philosophy, 2003
Information literacy, Advanced research methods, Buddhism, meditation/mindfulness
Ithaka S+R, research publication “Supporting the Changing Research Practices of Religious Studies and Theology Faculty” (White paper, 2017)
- Padoux, André. The Hindu Tantric world: an overview. In Choice Reviews (September 2017).
- Powers, John. The Buddha party: how the People's Republic of China works to define and control Tibetan Buddhism. In Choice Reviews (July 2017).
- Tibetan printing: comparison, continuities and change. by Hildegard Diemberger, Franz-Karl Ehrhard, and Peter Kornicki. In Choice Reviews (January 2017).
- Hinduism in the modern world. by Brian A. Hatcher. In Choice Reviews (October 2016).
- The Buddhist world. ed. by John Powers. In Choice Reviews (October 2016).
- Flueckiger, Joyce Burkhalter. Everyday Hinduism. In Choice Reviews (June 2016).
- Batchelor, Stephen. After Buddhism: rethinking dharma for a secular age. In Choice Reviews: (March 2016).
- Abrams, Nancy Ellen. A God that could be real: science, spirituality and the future of our planet. In Choice Reviews: (August 2015).
- Brill’s encyclopedia of Hinduism: Volume 6, Index, ed. by Knut Jacobsen. In Choice Reviews: (July 2015).
- Henss, Michael. The cultural monuments of Tibet: the central regions: v.1: The central Tibetan province of Ü; 2: The southern Tibetan province of Tsang. In Choice Reviews: (April 2015).
- Gowans, Christopher W. Buddhist moral philosophy: an In Choice Reviews: (February 2015).
- Carpenter, Amber D. Indian Buddhist philosophy. In Choice Reviews: (December 2014).
- Green, Ronald S. Buddhism goes to the movies. In Choice Reviews: (August 2014).
- Crump, Michle J. and Freund, LeiLani S. Meeting the needs of student users in academic libraries. In Teaching Theology and Religion: 17(3) (July 2014).
- Barash, David P. Buddhist biology. In Choice Reviews: (June 2014). Contemporary Hinduism, ed. by P. Pratap Kumar. In Choice Reviews: (March 2014).
- Rose, Kenneth. Pluralism: the future of religion. In Choice Reviews: (October 2013). Hindu and Buddhist ideas in dialogue: self and no-self, ed. by Irina Kuznetsova. In Choice Reviews: (February 2013).
- Brill’s Encyclopedia of Hinduism, ed. by Knut Jacobsen. In Theological Librarianship: An Online Journal of the American Theological Library Association: 6(1) (2013).
Conversation Facilitator/ Presenter, All Conference Lunch: “Are You Welcomed? A Conversation Toward Building a More Inclusive Community in ATLA.” ATLA 2016 Annual Conference.
“Grants for Continuing Education through ATLA.” ATLA 2015 Annual Conference (Poster session).
“Worship in the Tibetan Buddhist Tradition.” ATLA 2015 Annual Conference.
Colloquy for Theological Librarians in the 21st Century, hosted by the Wabash Center for Teaching and Learning in Theology and Religion, Wabash College, April 2013.