...all education is environmental education. By what is included or excluded we teach students that they are part of or apart from the natural world.Orr, D. (1991). What is Education For?
Ellen Bashor is the Program Coordinator for the Prescott College Center for Nature and Place-based Early Childhood Education (NPECE Center) and serves on the board of directors for the Arizona Association for Environmental Education (AAEE) of the North American Association for Environmental Education Affiliate Network. At the NPECE Center, she coordinates their annual professional development institute, gives workshops and presentations, organizes community events, and advocates for the advancement of equitable and inclusive nature and place-based learning opportunities for all young children. Ellen is also an undergraduate Environmental Education (EE) instructor and is finishing her Master’s in Education in Environmental Education at Prescott College, focusing both on both EE teacher preparation & early childhood EE.
Awards, Grants & Honors
2018 ee360 Community Fellowship - Bio & Action Project
Coverage in News & Media
- Nature & Place-based Early Childhood Education Center & Educational Expeditions LLC:
- Arizona Association for Environmental Education (AAEE) Board of Directors:
- Prescott Children's Earth Day Event Director:
- AAEE Press Release for ee360 Fellowship:
- Prescott College Press Release for ee360 Fellowship:
- Prescott College & Earth Day 2019
- Prescott College & Title IVa 2019 Welcome
- Prescott College & Environmental Literacy