Jobs at Prescott College
Accounts Receivable/Student Billing - Student Success Associate
Job ID#: 19-0206
Department: Business Office
Job Type: Staff - Full-time
Pay Scale: $14.00 hourly
Date Posted: Tue, 30 Jul 2019
Position Fill Date: Open until filled
Reports to: Chief Student Success Officer
Job Summary (Return to top)
To knowledgably assist and continually support students with each of the various steps and processes experienced throughout the student lifecycle and beyond. To provide high quality, customer focused service to all students, employees and guests.
This position is a front desk position for the Center for Student Success/One Stop. Therefore, customer service is a daily responsibility. This position is a first point of contact for visitors to the One Stop. This involves working with students, parents, employees, alumni and other visitors to the College.
Essential Responsibilities (Return to top)
- The primary responsibility of this position will be handling activities in relation to student billing, collections and cash receipts for the college. This includes verifying information and posting payments to student accounts, processing incoming cash receipts, managing petty cash accounts, preparing receipts for bank deposit and performing daily bank deposits, providing support and back up for the Student Account Associate II. Review and track accounts to determine unpaid balances, at least monthly, and to troubleshoot towards resolution of collecting payment.
- Maintain the lobby, bulletin boards and kiosks for public use. Retrieve and distribute mail. Manage lobby traffic and security.
- Advise in person, online, phone and via email on student services; identify and route students appropriately according to their needs.
- Assist with new student orientation and enrollment. Assist with continuing student enrollment.
- Provide office support. Complete various administrative tasks. Provide office/technical support by responding to enrollment questions.
- Provide support for the Registrar's Office and Financial Aid Office of the Student Success Center/One Stop.
- Create new student ids. Create replacement ids.
- Create course schedule document for publishing.
- Assist students with online registration and process transcript request s.
- Track health forms and provide to appropriate faculty for specific courses.
- Track, log and link enrollment agreements and FERPA release information.
- Monitor and process enrollment and degree verification requests.
- Manage, research and resolve error processing for National Student Clearinghouse files.
- Print and mail diplomas.
- Update policy information and forms as needed.
- Answer basic financial aid questions.
Education and Experience (Return to top)
- Three years of successful experience with cash receipts, customer service, data management, and clerical support.
- Must be computer proficient with experience in Word, Excel and Google
- Associates Degree or equivalent schooling is preferred
- Accounts receivables experience is preferred
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to critically evaluate information and adhere to business rules
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail required
- Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks and projects of various sizes and complexities simultaneously
Prescott College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and supports excellence through diversity. We encourage qualified applicants from historically underrepresented groups along with Veterans and AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to participate in our recruitment efforts.