Jobs at Prescott College
Job ID#: 19-0108
Department: IT Services
Job Type: Staff - Full-time
Pay Scale: 16.19 hourly
Date Posted: Tue, 08 Jan 2019
Position Fill Date: Open until filled
Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Job Summary (Return to top)
Under general supervision, the IT Technician analyzes reported computer and network related problems, diagnoses the most effective method to resolve problems and implements solutions. The position also assists senior IT personnel with tasks including but not limited to the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of infrastructure, technical services, and endpoint hardware.
Essential Responsibilities (Return to top)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Examples of responsibilities and duties are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
- Support endpoint equipment such as computers, zero-clients, telephones, and AV devices;
- Internal hardware installation and repair of desktop and laptop computers.
- Support of learning technologies such as labs, classrooms, presentation equipment.
Network and Systems Support
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems on various computing platforms;
- Troubleshoot and resolve LAN and wireless problems;
- Install, test, certify and troubleshoot structured cabling;
- Install configured network equipment;
- Assist the senior IT staff in troubleshooting of a wide range of infrastructure related issues;
- Dedicated remote-site support lead, including Tucson and Kino Bay, Mexico.
Desktop and Application Support
- Provide staff, faculty, and students with installation and problem resolution for all college-owned hardware, software and network services;
- Research and recommend system enhancements to improve workflow and processes;
- Maintain all public and lab computers;
- Assist with the deployment of zero clients and laptops;
- Ancillary device support, such as printers, UPS, and mobile devices;
- Assist with standard productivity applications and correct security issues without data loss;
Customer Service and Support
- Provide technical expertise to staff and faculty concerning optimal use of college resources;
- Assist the Department of Learning Technology as assigned;
- Helpdesk operations and documentation of procedures.
Education and Experience (Return to top)
Formal Education & Certification – Any one of the following
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology or related field;
- Any combination of appropriate industry certifications including (but not limited to) CompTIA A+ and Network+, or Microsoft MCP certifications, and 1-year of experience working as an Information Technology professional;
- 2-years of experience working as an Information Technology professional.
- The ability to impressively demonstrate that you can fulfill the duties of this position regardless of your lack of certification or experience.
- Common sense;
- A valid driver’s license;
- A professional demeanor, bearing, and attitude;
- Driven, motivated, able to operate autonomously;
- The ability to execute instructions and support policy;
- The ability to keep a detailed log of all work performed;
- Excellent customer service skills and superior attention to detail;
- A natural and intuitive understanding of computers and technology;
- The ability to communicate effectively and efficiently both verbally and in writing;
- Reliable transportation, flexibility to work weekends and outside normal hours as needed;
- The ability to create and foster positive relationships with vendors and other professionals;
- Able to function under pressure in a dynamic environment and meet expectations and dead-lines.
Prescott College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and supports excellence through diversity. We encourage qualified applicants from historically underrepresented groups along with Veterans and AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni to participate in our recruitment efforts.